Topphototakenin1913andbelow2017.Notmuchhaschangedinall that time apart from the transportation.FormoreinformationonLyndhurstandotherNewForestvillagesclick here.ThankstoPeteforstandinginthemiddleofthehighstreetinorderto take the perfect present day photograph
Topphotodateunknownbutifyouthinkthatyoumightknowplease contactus.Middlephototakenin1930andbottomphotoispresent day.AswithLyndhurstnotmuchhaschangedinallthattimeapartfromthe transportation and an extra house.FormoreinformationonBrockenhurstandotherNewForestvillages click here.
Station Road New Milton around 1930s above and 2016 below.New Milton is a market town in south west Hampshire, England. Situated on the edge of the New Forest, the town is about 6 miles (10 km) west of Lymington town centre and 12 miles (19 km) east of Bournemouth town centre. The town has a high street and holds a market every Wednesday.
Fordingbridge High Street around 1960s above and 2017 below.
Top photo taken in 1964 and below 2016. The old railway track is now a footpath.Breamore boarders onto the New Forest village of Wood Green. The main A338 from Salisbury to Ringwood runs through Breamore village. Turn off the A338 Salisbury Road and head towards Woodgreen. The old station can be found just a metres along on the right hand side.
Top photo, children pose for the camera outside the doctors' surgery date unknown. The older lady is standing outside what was the library. If you think that you might know the date that the photo was taken please contact us.Bottom photo 2017.Quite a few changes since the old photo was taken.
Beaulieu High Street
Top photo Beaulieu High Street 1920 and below 2017.Beaulieuvillagehasremainedlargelyunspoiltbyprogress,andisa favouritetouriststopforvisitorstotheNewForest,andalsoforbirders seekinglocalspecialitiesliketheDartfordwarbler,Europeanhoney buzzard and hobby.Unfortunatelymoderndaytransporthasruinedaviewthathasn’t changed much since the 1920s.
Holmsley station, top photo 1900s and middle photo, Holmsley station shortly after its closure in 1964 and present day Old Station Tea Rooms.The station was opened in 1847 as "Christchurch Road" by the Southampton and Dorchester Railway. Sited next to a bridge carrying the A35 road over the line, it was initially the nearest station for the towns of Christchurch and Bournemouth. Coaches served these places until the construction of direct lines, from firstly Ringwood and then Brockenhurst. The station's name was changed to Holmsley on 13th November 1862.The station fell under the control of the London and South Western Railway before becoming part of the Southern Railway in the 1923 railway grouping. The station closed in 1964, a casualty of the programme of closures advocated by the Beeching Report.